Do you support the continued funding of $2.12, (of which $0.34 for Return to Aid*) per ASUCSB membership per quarter and $1.53 for summer quarter for the Recycling Program?
Associated Students Recycling has been driving UCSB’s recycling and waste reduction efforts for 30 years. Today, our program helps the campus, student body, and environment in a variety of important ways:
1. We collect and hand sort recyclable and compostable materials from over 100 outdoor bins all over campus. We are the only department on campus that is able to service these locations.
2. We pick up electronic waste from over 50 locations on campus and ship it to processors located exclusively in the United States, NEVER overseas.
3. ASR provides event waste services for any on campus event, which includes compost, recycling, landfill, and water refill stations.
4. We help to manage the Apartment Compost Initiative which provides the option to compost for UCSB students in undergraduate and graduate apartment complexes. ACI provides Marborg compost dumpsters, information on what you can compost, and advice about how to do so.
5. We conduct educational workshops and act as an information resource on recycling and waste reduction for the campus and community.
The AS Recycling Lock-In Fee pays for student and professional staff salaries, supplies, and equipment. Without the support of the student body, our program could not exist. Please vote to continue funding the AS Recycling program so we can keep helping UCSB reduce its waste and hold our position as one of the best recyclers and composters in the UC system!